An Old Mind With A Young Face: Harriet Dale.

Harriet 'Haz' Dale is a young aspiring and very talented writer, this is definitely one to watch out for, so I grabbed her before she becomes famous and too busy! For someone so young (20), she writes in the view of someone wise and long lived, so as glad as I am we have a true writer like this I wanted to know why she started writing in the first place: "I started writing when I was a child, I always loved reading and my parents had always urged me to seek literacy. I was always good at English and enjoyed writing a great deal. Being at university I still get to indulge in writing but it’s very confined to science and fact, I found myself missing the beauty of really exploring the world that you can create with words. I began writing some silly thoughts, notions that I had, ideas that appealed to me, and suddenly I found myself loving it again, like I did as a child. It’s beautiful to be able to create very real emotions through words on a page, evoke reactions from people without even knowing them. That is why I started writing. To communicate my perception of the world and share it with others."


With this writers' eyes open again to her own words, I asked what her inspirations consist of; "I have so many inspirations, I suppose my biggest inspiration is my Dad, he was a brilliantly intelligent man with the kindest soul. He taught me everything I know and I dedicate much of my work to him. Secondly my mum, she’s an incredibly strong woman having battled physical and emotional sickness. Finally my best friend is a massive inspiration as she has battled an enormous amount of hardship and still manages to take care of me, even in her darkest moments."

For a lot of us, we turn to places like Velvet or magazines, music and film to find some sort of confidence and motivation to do what we want to do and share it with everyone, but it can be daunting! So why did Harriet start doing it? Why are we lucky enough to have these words shared with us as a world? "Funnily enough it was a silly picture I put up on Facebook, I’m currently posting daily something that makes me happy in an attempt to find appreciation in the smallest things. I posted a picture of my writing and people started reading it, which seemed absurd to me! After that I thought, well why not!" Simple as that!
What does the future hold for Dale?
"I honestly have no idea, I write what I feel, what I know and what I think about. It can change daily and hopefully people will keep enjoying and relating to my words, I’d be happy with that."

As family seems to be a key point in Harriet's life and her inspiration, I out right asked her who her favourite writers are to see if any media based inspirations inspired her; "My favourite writers are; JRR Tolkien, Karen Rose, Charles Bukowski, Freya North, Richard Adams, Torey Hayden and Barbera Erskine. They each provide me with something very special. I feel like I should also mention the wonderful William Blake and Rudyard Kipling for their beautiful poems."

A growing writer that gives me hope for this generation regarding literature and more!

VF.

Follow Harriet @Harriet_dale
Check out the words in they're original bed at: http://harrietdale931.blogspot.co.uk/








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inhumane: Welcome Back to The Female Werewolf!

Saving The Outsiders House: Danny O'Connor.

A Love Letter to Call Me By Your Name.