Regression (2015); The Tension is Rising.

This film is not out till mid-August this year but I can already fill the tension of this film coming. I find for some it's hard to make a good and unpredictable psychological thriller; however, with The Others director Alejandro Amenabar behind both the directing AND writing wheel of Regression, I have no doubt that the edge of our seats will not remain empty for long.

Image Taken From Wikipedia.
This films cast includes revolutionary actors; Emma Watson, Ethan Hawke and David Thewlis, three professionals who take their work seriously and explode passion of the piece over everything they have done or will do. We have recently seen Hawke in a more thriller light since his main role in horror film Sinister and Thewlis has shown us he can be the sinister one in films like Stonehearst Asylum, but I have to admit, the excitement I can feel for this film is the nervous-ness and curiosity of Watson playing a deep and disturbed role such is the part of Angela. I have complete faith in the Harry Potter & Perks of Being a Wallflower actress; but I can't help questioning-how will she do it? Will it be cliche? or will it be something a little more?

The synopsis of Regression includes the aspects of murder, mystery and mentality and as good as the trailer is, what I take from the video I have seen and the words I have read to do with the movie, something isn't quite adding up, and for this movie that just makes it all the more interesting and giving an audience a NEED to see what this film is about and what it holds.

VF.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inhumane: Welcome Back to The Female Werewolf!

Saving The Outsiders House: Danny O'Connor.

A Love Letter to Call Me By Your Name.