FIRST UPLOADED: Monologue; A Long Knights Sleep.

A Long Knights Sleep
I am respected. I am admired. Although I am only young, boys
my age wish to grow up and reach the heights I stand at. I
have everything one could ever want or need; riches, food,
comfortable and large chambers in the castle, any woman I
choose and a long life ahead of me with even more of these
luxuries, the people quite literally bowing at my feet. I am
a knight. A knight for our beloved King. I am not of royal
blood but I have proved myself worthy of kingship having
brought home victories and admired the King from both up
close and afar. The King says he envies my swordsmanship,
that I remind him of himself but almost stronger, almost
better. Of course it's almost though, the King doesn't just
live for his people but for mainly himself, he relishes in
being loved and complimented. That will be me when he passes
on, I'll be the man on the throne fighting for our land, our
country without even standing up. What more could a boy want
from life? What could I want more? Death. I loathe this
almost perfect life. It's not really my life and hasn't been
since I raised my sword to the top of the Kings army, my
life is lived for me through the King's advisors and wives,
they plan where I will be and when, my moves, my battles, my
dinners and when I shall eat them. Anything out of this
life-routine is ignored; I thought I made a break in the
routine when I began to talk about the angels I see in my
dreams. I spoke up of how magnificently the glowed, lighting
paths I had never noticed, they're marble eyes that sparkled
green when they turned to look around as they're holy glow
followed each turn of the head. I spoke of the phrases in
which they seemed to send straight to my thoughts, like
sorcery. I was amazed and excitable waking up each morning
after a dream in which one of God's messengers comforted me
and told me sweet sentences of the pureness of my heart and
how such pureness did not belong in crowd with such
bitterness. The King and his council stared at me for a
moment as I reminisced about each second of the dreams, the
staring seemed to go on for many hours, but lasted only a
second before they continued on with plans of making a
poorer land become pretty. I slowly began to feel like I was
going insane, the only life and peace I enjoyed was the one
I lived asleep in a holy light that warmed me on many
levels. So that's my plan. I wish to sleep forever. No more
King, no more bloodshed and war, no more admiration for the
King or myself. I will put my sword through my heart
tonight, the object that almost covered my heart in mud,
well no! I will not be that boy, that man. My sword will be
cleaned; my armour is shiny and ready to be worn. I want to
make the country think I died as a knight, as I live as an
angel. Tonight, I Edward Jakeson, will cover my sword with
only my blood, reunite myself with my Irish father and
mother and fly down the path God has chosen for me.
END.

Original Words by Sonni Carpenter

VF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inhumane: Welcome Back to The Female Werewolf!

Saving The Outsiders House: Danny O'Connor.

A Love Letter to Call Me By Your Name.