MONOLOGUE: I Am A Box.

I Am A Box
I am a box, a box with fragile stickers on every side. A box closed tight. A box that once opened, then has no other purpose than to be empty. I am a box never this way up. I am as normal as the sky, as the sea, I blend in. I have sunk into such normality that people do not acknowledge the box unless it screams their name, unless it screams profit in some way. I am a box. When you see me, you see nothing deeper than the size inside. A box not of many colours, but just the one you find acceptable. An instrument for past, present, future and secrecy. My insides can make humans happy, sad or even shocked, yet I myself show no sign of emotion. I am a box. Take out what’s inside and I am an unused room. A room ready for a move in. A room ready to be demolished. A room ready to be used and used again. Whatever it is you decide.  I am a box. One day empty, one day full, one day empty. I am big then I am small. I am folded. I am shared. I am broken. I am a box. A box you feel nothing for because it’s too traditional for you to feel anything for anymore, it’s too still, too boring, to usual. I am a box. I am millions. I am on the path to a future of being obsolete. Too much metal is coming for cardboard to be needed. Too much genius is on its way for me to be represented. I am a box. Empty now, ready to be reborn. I am a box. Empty now, but will be reused and emptied again. I simply am nothing more, than a box.
END.
Original Words by Sonni Carpenter.
VF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saving The Outsiders House: Danny O'Connor.

Inhumane: Welcome Back to The Female Werewolf!

A Love Letter to Call Me By Your Name.