Fury (2014) Review-ish.

Cast; Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Pena, Jon Bernthal.
Written & Directed by; David Ayer.

Fury is a war film based in World War 2 that follows Don 'War Daddy' Collier and his tank crew through their fight in Nazi Germany. When the assistant driver is killed in battle, Norman Ellison is assigned the position; however, Norman is an army 'newbie', an army typist rather than gunman and far from ready for the things he must do and see.

Seeing this film was an experience I will truly remember forever, as well as entertaining me, it made my heart break, my mouth laugh and my eyes cry.

War, I feel, is difficult to portray on film due to getting the facts straight, trying to keep all the people that fought on the represented side happy and not insulted, etc. When you tattle a war film, it's a battle in itself, but this film fought hard and won. It's hard to find extreme realism in film these days because 9 times out 10 things will be added or exaggerated to create better images or make more money, whatever, but David Ayer took sadness, adventure and brutality and refused to glamourise and chose to shock.

The only issue I had with this film was in some of the fight scenes when guns were fired and tanks were shooting, it looked like red and green lasers and made sort of feel like I was in a prehistoric Star Wars movie.

The acting in this movie was insanely phenomenal, I was extremely impressed by Shia LaBeouf; I thought he was a great actor anyway but he drew me in and made me cry just by staring. Brad Pitt led like a true actor and really made you respect him not as an actor but as a soldier. Logan Lerman has now put his name closer to the top, he didn't over play or under play he should just the right emotion and power.

The reason why I have called this review-ish is because it's been a long time since I've walked out the cinema truly shocked and speechless, It made me sad when it ended but relieved that me and the characters were no longer in a war version of chaotic hell. It's difficult for me to review this professionally because all I can say is that you need to see this movie, it's by far the best war movie since Full Metal Jacket and I can't pull it apart structurally because it belongs together and I would like to keep it together.

Rating 10/10

VF.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inhumane: Welcome Back to The Female Werewolf!

Saving The Outsiders House: Danny O'Connor.

A Love Letter to Call Me By Your Name.