Horns (2014) Review.

Cast; Daniel Radcliffe, Juno Temple, Max Minghella, Joe Anderson.
Directed By; Alexandre Aja.
Based on: Horns by Joe Hill.


Horns is a film about Ig Parrish; who is accused of murdering his true love, with paparazzi and the towns people making his life hell as they won’t take innocent as an answer. Everything changes for Ig though as he begins sprouting devilish horns out of his head that give him a special paranormal power which he uses to find out whom truly murdered his beloved Merrin.

This film has true cult movie written all over it! It’s a fantastic story that is shown in a great backwards and forwards in time way. Relationships are built well and the humor in this film is great. The only issue I had with it was that I wasn’t really surprised at whom the murderer turned out to be, I didn’t necessarily guess who it was, but I had no need to gasp in shock either. I did get a bit fussy about the amount of use of CGI snakes in the movie but I can appreciate its symbolism. I came out the cinema smiling and wiping tears away, but I still questioned if they made Daniel Radcliffe too much of a devil at the end of the movie (when you see it, you’ll know what I’m talking about).

I love the originality of it and its true what they have been saying about this being Radcliffe’s best performance yet; he’s mature, he’s fantastic at every spiraling emotion Ig goes through in this movie. All the cast were great and there’s even Glenna the Courtney Love regret, but Daniel Radcliffe stole the spotlight just a little with his emotional devil detective portrayal.

I am also a huge fan of the soundtrack of this movie and got a bit excited when Fever Ray began to play half way through!

Even if you don’t really enjoy this movie I can guarantee you’ll be thinking about it when you leave the theatre purely because you’ll feel entertained to see something new, something different, and something almost magical that doesn't involve quidditch and trolls.


Rating: 8.5/10


VF.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inhumane: Welcome Back to The Female Werewolf!

Saving The Outsiders House: Danny O'Connor.

A Love Letter to Call Me By Your Name.