Back To The Future 4: No Future?

Back To The Future 4: No Future?

Well I do not know about the rest of you but for a while I have heard rumours about a Back To The Future 4! I didn't believe it until I found out the news about Bill and Ted and realised these old legendary cult classics could be bought back to life. Now I disagree 9 times out of 10 with films, even like Bill and Ted, being remade because you don't have the same quality, the same music or even the same acceptance of the music, it's just as bad as someone making The Breakfast Club 2! It would be an extreme tragedy in human/film history.

Now I wont be too judgemental or over dramatic about this rumour because if it was to happen, I would still watch it because of how much I love the original trilogy, and without sounding patronising, I'd respect the incredibly talented and 'cutie pie' that is Michael J. Fox so much for going back into Marty Mcfly strong, even though he is still suffering from Parkinsons.

I did my research within this rumour and luckily I found a webpage that had an interview with both Robert Zemeckis (Writer & Director) and Bob Gale (Co-Writer & Producer), here are the highlights:

- "At a question and answer session on April 19 at Celebration, Florida, (in conjunction with a benefit for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and South Florida), Gale opened the session with a statement: "Let me answer one question before anyone asks it, which is, 'Is there ever going to be a Back to the Future Part IV?'. No."
-"We've all seen, sometimes, where they make one too many sequels, and you say, 'Maybe they shouldn't have done that.' I'm not going to name any names of movies, but you know what they are!"
- "But more importantly, as I'm sure you all know, Michael J. Fox is not in the best of shape with his Parkinson's. The idea of making another Back to the Future movie without Michael J. Fox... you know, that's like saying, 'I'm going to cook you a steak dinner and I'm going to hold the beef.' You can't do that." 

To read the whole story and Gale's take on just how serious he is about not making another BTTF, here is the link:
http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_Part_IV


A big stir happened also due to there being a so-called teaser trailer for BTTF 4, however I then watched this trailer and it was a bit for the 2010 Scream Awards with, what I found out was fan made later on, a BTTF 4 sign based on the original logo. Even in this less than two minute trailer, J. Fox struggles to speak clearly which is sad, but he proved he is still awesome, still great, still going, still Marty Mcfly!

Here is the link for the 'Trailer':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZbylq1Dduw


WHAT WOULD YOU THINK IF THIS RUMOUR WAS TRUE? ARE YOU YES OR NO?

VF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saving The Outsiders House: Danny O'Connor.

Inhumane: Welcome Back to The Female Werewolf!

A Love Letter to Call Me By Your Name.